Earlier today, the Chancellor of the Exchequer Rishi Sunak announced a host of new Government measures that will support and revitalise the British economy. In total, we have announced £30 billion worth of support to create and safeguard jobs, help the employer, support the employee and to boost the economy as we begin to recover from the coronavirus.
- Jobs Retention Bonus - A £1,000 bonus for businesses for every member of staff brought back from furlough.
- Launching Kick-start Programme - £2 billion to give hundreds of thousands of young people the best chance of finding a job.
- £111 million to triple the scale of traineeships and incentivise employers
- £32 million of funding to recruit careers advisers to support and provide guidance for over a quarter of a million people
- Triple the number of sector based work academy placements to provide skills and training interviews.
- £2000 for every apprentice hired under 25, with a bonus of £1500 for those over 25
- Doubling the amount of work coaches to help people find jobs
- £2bn of green home grants to help make homes more efficient and create green jobs locally
- 5% VAT for goods and services supplied by the hospitality and tourism sector
- Launching the 'Eat Out to Help Out' scheme to support restaurants
This is an enormous support package for the British Economy, worth up to £30 billion, and one that will help Britain get back on her feet.