Last year, the Prime Minister pledged to recruit 20,000 more Police Officers.
In the year since this pledge, nearly 6,000 extra Police Officers have been recruited across England and Wales.
For us here in Nottinghamshire, that means we have 100 more Police Officers.
British Police are the finest in the world, and the Government is committed to doing everything it can to support them. To do this, we're:
Boosting Police funding by £1.1 billion this year, including:
• £150 million to fight organised crime and online child abuse
• £39 million to tackle serious violence
• £90 million for counter-terrorism policing
Increasing police pay by 2.5 per cent this year, ensuring policing remains an attractive career for everyone.
• This is the second consecutive year that police pay has risen by 2.5 per cent, which is equivalent to a constable receiving an extra £1,100.
Enshrining a new police covenant into law, enhancing support and protection for our frontline police officers.
•The initial focus of the covenant will be on physical protection, health and wellbeing, as well as support for families
Toughening up sentences for assaulting emergency workers, recognising the debt of gratitude the public feels towards them.
•The ability to double the maximum sentence for those convicted of assaults on frontline staff including police officers, firefighters and paramedics
Equipping over 8,000 more officers with Taser devices, ensuring they have the resources they need to keep themselves safe.
• We have delivered £6.7 million for 41 forces to purchase 8,155 Taser devices, and allocated £150,000 to train up Taser instructors
Introducing personalised stop and search powers, helping officers to target persistent offenders.
Cutting crime by 9 per cent over the last year, delivering on our promise to the British people to keep them safe.
Successfully dismantling serious crime groups through the UK’s biggest ever law enforcement action, Operation Venetic